It was a great time, and I may consider doing another one of these Twitch things once more of the game moves a bit further along. If you have any questions about the game that weren’t answered in the video, feel free to comment here or Tweet at me.
Although I’ve been away for much of the past two months, I haven’t been completely idle. Here are some quick ‘n’ dirty patch notes from my recent work.
- PP has been changed to TP in menus and window graphics. Psychic powers are not a thing in Unearthed, so I decided to go with “Tech Points” as a substitute.
- Elemental damage has been increased for party attacks, and decreased for enemy attacks. This allows the introduction of special abilities much earlier in the game.
- The Boding Sea, Glensborough, and a few other areas have been edited slightly to fix tile errors and create some better walking paths. For example, it is no longer possible to get through the Boding Sea by walking in a straight line from left to right.
- Doors in the Scrapyard no longer make loud “bleep-bloop” sounds when you open them.
- Shop dialogue now takes place in a separate window than regular dialogue. This allows players to use the character windows while they shop, and removes some window-flashing glitchiness.
I have a few more glitches to fix, as well as some fun graphical work to do, before I start working on a proper demo. I’ll keep you all posted!