An extension of last week’s endeavours, this week I put together some more multiple use items for Unearthed. My personal favourite is the Jar of Fireflies, a refillable item that allows Mitchell to release bugs that zap his enemies. Cool stuff!
- Implemented Jar of Fireflies item. Zap opponents with angry insects!
- Implemented First Aid Kit item. Multiple use healing!
- Implemented Pack of Gum item. Cures basic status ailments!
- Laid frameworks for item help descriptions.
- Updated listing of every item in the game!
Slow and steady progress seems to be the name of the game lately. I will continue the item/ability slog over the summer, and I hope to get to enemy creation in the fall. As more pieces fall into place, progress gets quicker, so I am optimistic about development!
If you’re a PK Hacker, you can check out a tutorial I made on the Starmen.net forums that outlines how to add multi-use items to your game. It is pretty straight forward, and includes some easy copy/paste code.