Sorry about the lack of updates last week! I had a night school exam and all my spare time was dedicated to studying. The class is over now though, so I can shift a bit more of my time back towards game development.
Patch Notes: April 21st
- Documented PSI animations (such as that crazy pink circle above), and learned how implement them in battle.
- Add dummy enemies to test combat systems.
- As a side effect of above, started testing battle sprites.
- Organized text dump from raw EarthBound rom for reference.
- Began assigning proper ability text for Mitchell’s and ISAAC’s abilities.
The more I work on Unearthed, the more I realize that game design is 90% planning and laying groundwork. I spend oodles of time figuring out how things work, making reference tables, and putting together other documents, so when the actual assembly comes around things go pretty quickly.
Thanks to the preparations I made over the last week or so, I should be pretty productive with my ability text implementation over the next month. It’s a big hurdle, but it’ll be worth it!
Yes, yes, yes!
Been following this for a while now, I love seeing progress made on this game. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the encouragement! I’m happy to have reached a point in development where I can see the elements of the game mesh together in a tangible way.