Week two of Unearthed patch notes is here! Progress has been good this week, and I even have a video to show off to all of you. It showcases the new character abilities present in Unearthed through a quick tour of the menu screen(s).
Patch Notes: April 7th
- Created abilities framework file (filler text, etc…).
- Changed ISAAC to character #2.
- Implemented ISAAC’s and Mitchell’s abilities on menu screen.
- Completed character ability descriptions.
- Fixed battle sprite for WISP (palette error).
- Fixed some issues with label names.
It is nice to have all of ISAAC’s and Mitchell’s abilities in place, even though I have not yet implemented the “blue magic” learning system for the former. My next step will be to create some dummy enemies so I can start testing individual abilities in combat, which will eventually lead to adding ability text (e.g. “The Starman edged closer!”).