Hey everybody! I’m going to try a slightly different approach for my Unearthed updates starting today. I’m getting to the point where I’m making pretty continuous (albeit slow) progress on the game, so I thought it’d be neat to list off “patch notes” every week to showcase updates. These notes are all being applied to an alpha build of the game, however, so don’t expect a demo anytime soon.
Patch Notes: March 29th
- Enabled EB++ patch, adding hundreds (thousands?) of new flags into the ROM.
- Gave Mitchell Mend technique. Mend manifests at alpha, beta, and gamma levels, and heals status ailments.
- Set ISAAC’s main combat ability to Disrupt. Disrupt has a chance of preventing an enemy from using special attacks.
- Edited psi_ability_table.yml to include all of Mitchell’s and ISAAC’s techniques.
- Edited psi_name_table.yml to include all of Mitchell’s and ISAAC’s techniques.
- Created a framework file for technique descriptions. (e.g. “Fire bursts from your fingertips, dealing 150 damage.”)
- Started creating a framework file for ability text. (e.g. “The Starman edged closer!”)
I’ve been trying to dedicated 10-15 hours a week working on Unearthed, and the results have been good thus far. My main objective right now is to complete everything to do with abilities, items, and enemies. This is turning out to be a lot more work than I thought it would be.
By next week, I’m hoping to have some key frameworks in place that will allow me to compile a proper build. I’ll keep you all posted!