Hey everybody! Now that community development on Unearthed is underway, I will be posting weekly updates on the game’s progress. Most of the updates will consist of sprite work (generously contributed by the PK Hack community), as well as some boring summaries about technical work I’m doing. I may even have some dialogue samples and concept art to show you soon. No promises though!
First up we have some Grel sprites that myself and Midna collaborated on. They’re a little scrawnier and less “tenda-esque” then the first test sprites, resulting in a slightly more fragile looking race overall.
And we also did a batch with mining hats, because it is just plain adorable.
Next, Messianic mocked up a rather vicious looking Morg battle sprite for the game. It’s pretty cool, but I’m not sure which Morg variation it’ll turn out to be yet.
As for boring technical stuff: I spent the last couple of days getting my feet wet with Coil Snake. I basically imported all the work I’ve done so far into a Coil Snake readable format, played around with the new map editor, and tested out some basic sprite editing. My goal for this week is to get a good handle on sprite editing in CS, and to set up a system to keep track of what work has been done.